Job Type: Seasonal – up to 30 hrs/week
Location: Rossland, BC
Start Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Rossland Museum & Discovery Centre (RMDC) operates a local, community museum and visitor centre. This summer, we are organizing 8 weeks of summer day camps for ages 8-12 with the following themes: Pioneers; Earth Explorers; STEM; and Imagination & Innovation. The Camp Assistant will assist the other programming staff in the planning, operation, and evaluation of our summer kids camps through July and August. Planning includes organizing each week’s requirements (registrants, allergies, permissions, etc.), assisting with material prep for all crafts, experiments, and activities, and other tasks as required.
- Experience working with families and children of all ages
- Experience and an interest in organizing crafts, games, experiments, and kids activities
- An interest in Rossland’s history and everything the area has to offer locals and visitors alike
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience in conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Legally entitled to work in Canada; resident of the Basin region; aged 15+ prior to start date
- First Aid/CPR, WHMIS training, and an RCMP security check
- Customer service experience; experience with cash registers, POS machines, computers, etc.
- Experience working in the tourism and/or cultural sector
For more information about this position, please contact Joelle Hodgins, Museum Director, at email@example.com or call (250) 362-7722.