Big things have been happening for the Rossland Museum & Discovery Centre in the recent past, including the closure of the Black Bear mine tours in 2010 and subsequent renewal plan in 2013. Renovations are currently underway to the building and the Board undertook a revision of their Vision, Mission and Mandate statements in Fall 2016. In Fall 2017, engaged in a process to update their strategic plan to create a framework for what can be accomplished in the day-to-day operations of the Visitor’s Centre, Archives and Museum over the next three years. The following document summarizes that process, and outlines the strategic plan for 2018-2021.
- 100% of the renewal project funding secured for Phase 2 and 3 of our Renewal Plan and a request for proposals to begin the work has been tendered
- Increased detailed documentation and stewardship of artifacts and assets
- Increased engaged community in the RMDC experience through volunteerism, program delivery and partnerships
- Increased visits – 15,000 annual visitors
- Organizational structure that supports all goal areas
See the full document here: RMDC-Strategic-Plan-2018-2021_FINAL.pdf (pdf will download on some browsers)